The ADBE Straddle did not work out in the near-term months. Then January 09 contracts netted around 10 bucks, but basically the increase in IV was not enough to overcome time-decay.
Amazon's Earnings Release is on July 23. IV has not yet started to climb so I am still holding off on purchasing a straddle. In the future I will not look in to trading straddles as they really are more of a speculative play that is not going to fit with my goals (I am still developing my goals, but I am leaning towards a goal of 5% total portfolio return per month).
I never did place the IWM Iron Condor that I had mentioned as my order didn't get filled and I lost interest in it.
The Jun RUT Iron Condor (IC) expired worthless, thereby achieving max profit for a return on risked capital of around 10%.
I have alread placed another RUT IC (670/680/800/810) for Jul expiration that has a max profit of $165 on $835 risked for a return on capital of 19.7%. As long as the RUT (currently at $720) remains between 680 and 800 by July expiration, the full 19.7% will be realized.
I am looking at placing another Jul IC on the SPX index. Here is the risk profile:

You can see this is 1235/1245/1400/1410 Iron Condor. That max profit if the SPX settles at expiration between 1245 and 1400 (currently at $1318) is almost 30% ($235 on $770 risked).
I am surprised I can sell this IC for 2.35 (not sure how well spliting the bid/ask works on this product), but this is pretty close to 1 standard deviation wide. So I will place this trade tomorrow and we will see what happens
No comments:
Post a Comment