Monday, January 12, 2009

Re-Launch

I've been draggin' here. Started to trade, started a blog, stopped blogging, kept trading. Now I am going to continue on blogging. I have been real money now since September 2008's expiration and have been so far successful. I've lossed a few on some speculative trades (that I've promised I will refrain from going forward) and I've done well with my Credit Spread Selling Strategies. I will work on some seperate posts that show my performance as well talk about all each of the expiration cycles I have traded now and try to write out my thought process. As a recap, I have been primarily selling Veritcals. Vertical credit spreads often go by the names "Bull Put Spread" and "Bear Call Spread." A Bull Put Spread is when you sell a put option and then by a further-out put option to cover. Max risk is the difference between the strike prices less the credit received. Bear call spreads are the same, only with calls--sell a call, buy one a bit further OTM. When you combine these, by selling a Bull Put Spread and a Bear Call Spread, the position may be referred to as an Iron Condor. The great thing about an Iron Condor is that either your Bull Put Spread or your Bear Call Spread will be correct, so most options-friendly brokers only require the margin for one side. I'll try to provide some more information and educational pieces as I continue to blog, that's all for now.

Cheers

No comments: