This is where it starts. Over the past 2'ish years I have been fascinated, angered, excited, but mostly confused by options. Yes, there is a lot more to an option than what a corporation grants its directors. Did you know you can buy or sell those same options? And that's just the beginning. I suppose the logical progression of an option trader (not that I am one) begins with the basic understanding of obtaining the right to purchase securities in the future at a predetermined price. It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that if you bought an option to purchase Visa (currently trading in the $80's) stock at $100 a share in 6 months for only 10 cents, you would be quite happy if at that time Visa has moved to $120. So if you understand that, good. While I am by no means qualified (zero experience, zero training) to discuss anything other than the very basics of option strategy and theory, I will attempt do just that. Cheers,
Chad
No comments:
Post a Comment